The bombshell on the first day of free agency came from Cleveland. The Browns agreed to take quarterback Brock Osweiler and his entire $16M cap hit from the Houston Texans with a second round pick in 2018. Cleveland has no intention of keeping Osweiler; they used their massive cap space to add another high pick and now can look to move Osweiler before they will reportedly cut him. Houston will receive a fourth round pick (#142) in the 2017 NFL Draft.
Then, on Friday night, another stunner. The New England Patriots, who had already traded down out of their pick at the end of the second round, traded their first and third round picks to New Orleans for wide receiver Brandin Cooks.
Now, the all-important free agency updates.
- The Chicago Bears signed quarterback Mike Glennon to a three-year deal that has $18.5M guaranteed. They also signed veteran safety Quintin Demps and corner Prince Amukamara.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed tackle Riley Reiff away from the Lions.
- The Detroit Lions signed corner D.J. Hayden.
- The Green Bay Packers signed tight end Martellus Bennett.
- The New York Giants signed wide receiver Brandon Marshall.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed wide receivers Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith and offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski.
- The Washington Redskins signed wide receiver Terrelle Pryor.
- The San Francisco 49ers signed quarterbacks Matt Barkley and Brian Hoyer, wide receivers Pierre Garcon and Marquise Goodwin, linebacker Malcolm Smith and kicker Robbie Gould.
- The Arizona Cardinals replaced Jefferson with safety Antoine Bethea.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed former No. 2 overall pick tackle Luke Joeckel.
- The LA Rams signed wide receiver Robert Woods and offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed wide receiver DeSean Jackson and defensive lineman Chris Baker.
- The Carolina Panthers brought back Julius Peppers and signed offensive tackle Matt Kalil.
- The New Orleans Saints signed guard Larry Warford and defensive tackle Nick Fairley.
- The New England Patriots signed cornerback Stephon Gilmore. The Pats also acquired tight end Dwayne Allen and defensive end Kony Ealy in trades with Indianapolis and Carolina, respectively.
- The Miami Dolphins signed linebacker Lawrence Timmons.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars signed cornerback A.J. Bouye and gave defensive tackle Calais Campbell a four-year deal that includes $30M guaranteed.
- The Indianapolis Colts signed linebackers Jabaal Sheard and John Simon.
- The Tennessee Titans signed corner Logan Ryan and safety Johnathan Cyprien.
- The Baltimore Ravens signed safety Tony Jefferson.
- The Cleveland Browns signed wide receiver Kenny Britt and guards Kevin Zeitler and Joel Bitonio.
- The Denver Broncos signed tackle Menelik Watson and guard Ronald Leary.
- The LA Chargers signed offensive lineman Russell Okung.
On the trade block, reportedly: Tony Romo and Kirk Cousins. Romo, who was supposedly getting cut, will instead get traded. Cousins has reportedly asked out of Washington, who surprisingly fired their general manager.
Now, let’s get to the mock draft. We have included the awarded compensatory picks at the ends of the third and fourth rounds.
1. Cleveland – Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco – DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
3. Chicago – Jabrill Peppers, SS, Michigan
4. Jacksonville – Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
5. Tennessee (from LAR) – Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
6. NY Jets – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
7. LA Chargers – Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
8. Carolina – Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
9. Cincinnati – Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
10. Buffalo – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
11. New Orleans – OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
12. Cleveland (from PHI) – Jamal Adams, S, LSU
13. Arizona – Garett Boles, OT, Utah
14. Philadelphia (from MIN) – Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
15. Indianapolis – Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
16. Baltimore – Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
17. Washington – Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
18. Tennessee – David Njoku, TE, Miami
19. Tampa Bay – Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
20. Denver – Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple
21. Detroit – Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
22. Miami – Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
23. NY Giants – Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
24. Oakland – John Ross, WR, Washington
25. Houston – Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
26. Seattle – Budda Baker, S, Washington
27. Kansas City – Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
28. Dallas – Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
29. Green Bay – Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky
30. Pittsburgh – Takk McKinley, OLB, UCLA
31. Atlanta – Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
32. New Orleans (from NE) – Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
33. Cleveland – Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
34. San Francisco – Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
35. Jacksonville – Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
36. Chicago – Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
37. LA Rams – Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
38. NY Jets – JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
39. LA Chargers – Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
40. Carolina – Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi
41. Cincinnati – Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
42. Buffalo – Kevin King, CB, Washington
43. New Orleans – Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU
44. Philadelphia – Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama
45. Arizona – Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
46. Indianapolis – Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
47. Minnesota – Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
48. Baltimore – Anthony Walker, Jr, ILB, Northwestern
49. Washington – ArDarius Stewart, WB, Alabama
50. Cleveland (from TEN) – Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
51. Tampa Bay – D’Onta Foreman, RB, Texas
52. Denver – Desmond King, CB, Iowa
53. Detroit – Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn
54. Miami – Marcus Williams, S, Utah
55. NY Giants – Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
56. Oakland – Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
57. Houston – TJ Watt, LB, Wisconsin
58. Seattle – Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
59. Kansas City – Jermaine Eluemunor, OT, Texas A&M
60. Dallas – Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
61. Green Bay – Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State
62. Pittsburgh – Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
63. Atlanta – Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson
64. Carolina (from NE) – Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
65. Cleveland – Davis Webb, QB, California
66. San Francisco – Pat Elflein, OL, Ohio State
67. Chicago – Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech
68. Jacksonville – Duke Riley, ILB, LSU
69. Tennessee (from LAR) – Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh
70. NY Jets – Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
71. LA Chargers – Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State
72. New England (from CAR) – Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
73. Cincinnati – Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple
74. Buffalo – Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU
75. New Orleans – Marcus Maye, S, Florida
76. Philadelphia – Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
77. Arizona – Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
78. Minnesota – Nico Siragusa, OL, San Diego State
79. Indianapolis – Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
80. Baltimore – Chris Wormley, DL, Michigan
81. Washington – Jarron Jones, DL, Notre Dame
82. Tennessee – Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
83. Tampa Bay – Montravious Adams, DT, Auburn
84. Denver – Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
85. Detroit – Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
86. Minnesota (from MIA) – Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
87. NY Giants – Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
88. Oakland – Adoree Jackson, CB, USC
89. Houston – Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
90. Seattle – Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan
91. Kansas City – Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
92. Dallas – Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame
93. Green Bay – Matthew Dayes, RB, North Carolina State
94. Pittsburgh – James Connor, RB, Pittsburgh
95. Atlanta – Antonio Garcia, OL, Troy
96. New Orleans (from NE) – Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
97. Miami (comp) – Adam Bisnowaty, OL, Pittsburgh
98. Carolina (comp) – Jayon Brown, ILB, UCLA
99. Baltimore (comp) – Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
100. LA Rams (comp) – DeVonte Fields, OLB, Louisville
101. Denver (comp) – Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
102. Seattle (comp) – Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte
103. Cleveland (comp) – Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
104. Kansas City (comp) – Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson
105. Pittsburgh (comp) – DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State
106. Seattle (comp) – Kyle Kalis, OL, Michigan
107. NY Jets (comp) – Nazair Jones, DT, North Carolina
108. Cleveland – Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina
109. San Francisco – Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU
110. Jacksonville – CJ Beathard, QB, Iowa
111. Chicago – Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
112. Tennessee (from LAR) – Vince Biegel, OLB, Wisconsin
113. Washington (from NYJ) – Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
114. LA Chargers – Chad Kelly, QB, Mississippi
115. Carolina – Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova
116. Cincinnati – Rasul Douglas, CB, Wast Virginia
117. Chicago (from BUF) – Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
118. New Orleans – Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina
119. Philadelphia – Gerald Everett, TE, Southern Alabama
120. Arizona – Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
121. Indianapolis – John Johnson, S, Boston College
122. Minnesota – Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech
123. Baltimore – Tyrone Crowder, OL, Clemson
124. Washington – Mason Cole, OL, Michigan
125. Cleveland (from TEN) – Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
126. Tampa Bay – Hardy Nickerson, LB, Illinois
127. Denver – Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State
128. Detroit – Chad Hansen, WR, California
129. Minnesota (from MIA) – Mitch Leidner, QB, Minnesota
130. Oakland – Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville
131. Houston – Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah
132. Indianapolis (from NE) – Isaac Rochell, DE, Notre Dame
133. Kansas City – Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
134. Dallas – Cordea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
135. Green Bay – Dawuane Smoot, DE, Illinois
136. Pittsburgh – Sefo Liufau, QB, Colorado
137. Atlanta – Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson
138. Cincinnati (comp) – Garrett Sickels, DE, Penn State
139. Philadelphia (comp from CLE) – Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
140. NY Giants (NFL penalty) – Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tennessee
141. LA Rams (comp) – Steven Taylor, LB, Houston
142. Houston (comp from CLE) – Taylor Moton, OT, Western Michigan
143. San Francisco (comp) – Vita Vea, DT, Washington
144. Indianapolis (comp) – Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
New England – forfeited