We’re already into Day 2 of Car Free Week (Sept. 22 to 28), but there’s plenty of time to register and log your car-free trips to win some prizes appropriate to the theme week.
Commuters by public transit, bike or foot can register at drivelesslivemore.com and celebrate Car Free Week, presented by the Regional Transportation Authority and Active Transportation Alliance. Entering the RTA’s Car Free Week contest is easy.
- Visit www.drivelesslivemore.com and click the “Car Free Week” image (or register) button to register as a user. Once a profile is confirmed, the user is ready to start tracking trips.
- Click on the “My Trip Tracker” to start entering trips with the interactive calendar. Any kind of trip can be tracked – transit, bike, ride-sharing, walking, even telecommutes.
- When points are accumulated, check the “My Rewards” page to see which Car Free Week prizes can be won; the user will automatically be entered into the prize drawings based on the number of trips taken. Participants can measure mileage, greenhouse gases prevented, and calories burned.
Car Free Week contest prizes include:
- A Civia Loring Bicycle from Roscoe Village Bikes
- A Chicago “Staycation” package featuring museum passes, a hotel room, dining gift card, transit and Divvy BikeShare passes
- Divvy annual memberships, as well as daily passes
- Zipcar car sharing memberships and driving credit
- Registrations to 2014 MB Financial Bank Bike the Drive and Four-Star Bike & Chow
Hey! Do you have Gmail and subscribe to my blog? If so, make sure you go into your “promotions” box and drag one of my emails over to your “primary” box. That way, you’ll never miss one of my posts! View a video.
Also, subscribe now if you haven’t yet. Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.