A new poll found that most Latinos disapprove of Donald Trump’s offensive comments about Mexicans and don’t support him for president.
But he somehow thinks that Latinos will vote for him.
So in the style of David Letterman, who came up with his own awesome Top Ten list about Trump, I have created one too.
10. Trump suggested most Mexicans coming to the U.S. are rapists and criminals.
We know this is a mentira, a lie, plain and simple. Studies show immigrants are less likely to commit crimes.
9. He’s now called for a boycott of Mexico.
I guess it’s good enough for Trump to manufacture clothes in Mexico but not for us to visit.
8. He’s pissed off more than just Mexicans.
Honduran-American actress America Ferrera had words for Trump. “You, Mr. Trump, are living in an outdated fantasy of a bigoted America,” she told him.
6. Even Puerto Ricans, who are all U.S. citizens, are mad at Trump.
Thank you Ricky Martin, who is pulling his charity golf tournament from Trump International Golf Club in Puerto Rico.
5. Trump is friends with Arizona’s Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, sued by the U.S. Justice Department for harassing immigrants, and former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who supported that state’s tough anti-immigration law SB 1070.
They joined him in fanning the anti-immigrant flames in a rally in Arizona last weekend.
4. His subcontractors allegedly hire undocumented workers but Trump says “Yo no sé nada.”
3. Trump doesn’t think he’s a racist. “I am the least racist person there is,” he has said.
2. Because the polls say so.
Numbers don’t lie Mr. Trump. His fear mongering is motivating more Latinos to vote.
And this won’t just hurt Trump but could hurt the Republican Party.
1. Latino spending power will hit 1.5 trillion this year.
Mr. Trump, “You’re Fired!”