The 107th edition of the nation’s largest auto show in North America is set to come back to Chicago this February!
Chicago Concert & Event Review team are pleased to be reporting from the Chicago Auto Show.
First staged in 1901, the 2015 Chicago Auto Show spans more than 1 million square feet of floor space of the McCormick Place complex and displays multiple world and North American introductions and a complete range of domestic and imported passenger cars, trucks, sport-utility vehicles, minivans and concept cars.
In all, nearly hundreds of different vehicles will be on display, plus hundreds of interactive, aftermarket, accessories and auto-related exhibits, competition vehicles, antique and collector cars. The Chicago Auto Show also features several indoor test tracks and outdoor ride-and-drive opportunities.
Over the past 23 years, the Chicago Auto Show’s First Look for Charity black-tie gala has raised more than $39 million for 18 local charities. First Look for Charity is held the evening before the Chicago Auto Show opens its 9-day public run at McCormick Place. This year, the benevolent event will be held on Friday, Feb. 13 from 7 – 11 p.m.
The National Road Safety Foundation will host a Drive Safe Chicago video contest at the Chicago Auto Show that asks teens to submit ideas for a 30-second public service announcement that reminds viewers not to text or make calls while driving. The winner will receive a $2,000 award and will have the chance to work with an Emmy Award-winning TV producer to turn the winning script into a finished ad that will be broadcast nationwide.
- Media Preview: Thursday, Feb. 12 – Friday, Feb. 13
- First Look for Charity: Friday, Feb. 13
- Public Show: Saturday, Feb. 14 – Sunday, Feb. 22
Public Show Hours:
- Saturday, Feb. 14 – Saturday, Feb. 21: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 22: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Women’s Day, Tuesday, Feb. 17
- Hispanic Day, Friday, Feb. 20
- Family Day, Monday, Feb. 16
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive, Feb. 18 – 20
- McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60616
- $12 for adults
- $6 for seniors and children age 7 – 12
- Free for children age 0 – 6
- Advance ticket sales available online at www.drivechicago.com. Weekday discount vouchers ($6 off the regular adult admission) available at area new-car dealers and participating banks. Weekday group discounts also available.
- Facebook: ChicagoAutoShow
- Twitter: @ChiAutoShow
- Official hashtag: #CAS15
- YouTube: chicagoautoshow
- Pinterest: chiautoshow/
- Instagram: thechicagoautoshow
For up–to–the–minute info, visit: www.chicagoautoshow.com/
Hope to see you there. The team will be on site on Saturday, February 14th for most of the day.
If you enjoy my posts, please subscribe to Chicagoland Concert & Event Review here on Chicago Now. Type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. You can also find me on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and MatthewMedlenPhotography.com