This one’s for you, Chicago. Enjoy…..
First, assemble ingredients—
- start with lots of sun
- blue sky
- okay, maybe a few puffy clouds for interest
- fresh breeze
- 78 degrees
- lilacs blooming
- light through leaves
- violets in the grass
- and dandelions, of course!
- t-shirts, shorts and sneakers
- or that outfit you’ve been waiting to wear
- a bicycle, if you have one
- don’t forget the baby strollers
- yellow dogs sleeping in the sun
- cats rolling on the sidewalks
- birds singing
- music–your choice
- music from passing cars
- music from open windows
- open windows
- lunch outside
- walking outside
- just being outside
- saying hello to people
- people smiling at you
Optional–green lights at the corners, a train pulling into the station just as you get there, a bus right at your stop
Garnish with a passing convertible, an ice-cream truck in the park
Add the sound of a push reel mower, the smell of fresh-cut grass, blooming lily-of-the valley , the lingering light in the evening
Feel free to combine as you please, with anything else you can think of.
Listen to the song of the leaves.
Shake, stir, savor the moment. Drink to the summer to come.
Like this? Why not subscribe? Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.