Last Wednesday we headed to Citizen Bar for their Wednesday trivia night. Trivia is now on hiatus for the season, so you’ll have to wait a few months before you play there.
- Trivia at Citizen is provided by Chicago Trivia Guys, one of our favorite companies. We are thrilled that they (and their non-Team Trivia format) continue to expand.
- It is hosted by a female emcee. We always love to see that.
- Trivia is free to play and the winners get $100 cash money.
- The trivia rounds were fun and unique. The included a movie poster ID round, a general trivia round, a Scattegories style round, a round in which we had to ID city skylines, a round about food and drink, and a bonus round about the longest Chicago streets. In the Scattegories round we had to name things belonging to a certain category (things you’d find in your purse, things you’d find at work, etc.) that started with the letter M.
- The questions and pictures were all posted on the TV screens around the bar, which always helps things run smoothly.
- Overall the night was a bit slow, which everyone knows is our pet peeve. Trivia was also advertised as starting at 7:30, but didn’t start until 8, which is our other pet peeve.
- The location is a bit weird. It’s on the outskirts of River North, surrounded by an eerie construction zone.
- Citizen might not be in the heart of River North, but it definitely has River North prices. Drink specials that night included $5 Grey Goose cocktails, but beer was much pricier. If you are brave enough to try the Absolut Snickers Martini on the menu, that will cost you $12.
- The Scattegories round was a fun break from your standard trivia round, but since just about every team was able to come up with a feasible M-word for each category, it was pretty much a wash.
- We mistook London for Washington DC in the round on City Skylines. Doh.
364 West Erie Street, Chicago
2.5 paws (out of 4)