Pop quiz. Do you…
- miss your days as a catholic school girl or boy?
- like a side of Jesus with your beer and burger?
- want to check out one of the best trivia nights in town?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, head to Crew, our favorite trivia night in Chicago. It’s hosted by the delightful Sister Mary, who spends her days at the convent and her Monday nights hosting trivia at Crew. Watching Sister Mary host trivia is like a religious experience. She’s everything you want in a trivia host: she’s strict and sassy but also sweet. And she’s always armed with the best trivia questions (provided by the amazing PubStumpers).
We’ve reviewed Crew before, so I’ll just hit the highlights.
- Trivia starts promptly at 8, so show up on time or Sister Mary will give you a tardy.
- Crew always has nice food & drink specials. We love their beer menu and have actually sampled every beer they’ve got.
- The trivia questions (provided by PubStumpers) are fantastic and read by Sister Mary with great humor. The night includes a picture round, two fantastic music rounds, and several general knowledge rounds.
- There are also several lightning rounds featuring really hard questions and shots for the winners.
- Grading is done by trade and grade. That’s good because it gets the grading done quickly. That’s bad if you have an embarrassingly bad night like we did last week. (Thanks, team that graded our paper, for not laughing audibly at us.)
- Speaking of grading, Sister Mary is a stickler about band names. Don’t expect to get points for writing Tom Petty if the song is song by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Incomplete answers do not fly with Sister Mary.
- Winners get a $50 gift card to Crew. The last place team gets some sort of prize like a coloring book indicating that they are basically simpletons.
In conclusion, we heart Crew. Check out their trivia night and let us know if you agree. Note: Monday night trivia is canceled when there are shows at the Riv and Aragon, so check the website before you head out.