My first weekend back in Chicago, I’ll be hitting WGN 720AM probably to talk about farmers markets! Bears game is on Saturday and the Cubs on Sunday, lots of fun planned. Here are some other ideas to enjoy this weekend and maybe get a jumpstart on the next.
– Pei Wei, 2709 N. Elston, opens on Tuesday – the PF Chang’s concept got rave reviews from the preopening.
– Benchmark, 1510 N. Wells, the latest sports bar to hit Chicago opened and it has a retractable roof!
– The gage has a brother restaurant opening next door, Henri, 18 S. Michigan.
– Two street festivals: North Side Summer Days and Ukranian Days Festival.
Up and Coming
– Val Bolon’s Brunch and Brew is next weekend, August 29 11am-1pm. Get tickets at www.valeriebolon.com.
– The Chicago Bacon Takedown is happening September 11th at Lincoln Hall!
Early next week I’ll have a second part to “Farmers Markets in Chicago are Bull%^#!” If someone can help me before then, I’m confused how I’m a snob when I was questioning grocery bought organic products are half the price and for thinking poor people should have better access to organic locally grown food. Must be the jet lag!
Have a great weekend and check out tomorrow on the radio batting leadoff on WGN 720 am at 9am!