What is an internet troll? According to Wikipedia:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Due to recent experience with internet trolls over a viral post, I’ve come up with a few other tell tale signs you might have a problem.
Here are 10 signs you might be an internet troll:
1) You live in your parent’s basement, have no job, spend all day on line, and hide behind fake Facebook profiles and email addresses.
2) You target blogs that have nothing to do with your life, make false accusations, and vomit all over them.
3) You do not read. Like really read the post. You take the words completely out of context and build your own theory, vomiting more on the post causing other internet trolls without their own thought process to vomit as well.
4) You use nasty words like twat and other inexcusable profanities to make your irrational point. Twat? Really?
5) You seek out and cyber stalk the author and rational commentators by sending them obscene and volatile emails and Facebook messages.
6) You are reading a humor based parenting blog and you do not have a child or a sense of humor.
7) You find yourself leaving disgusting, rude, over the top, threatening comments on every article your read regardless of the topic.
8) You show no remorse and get off when the author or other readers attempt to fight back or change your rational. Do you need more lube?
9) You do not like to be ignored. The worse thing someone can do is ignore your filth. And you vomit more.
10) You are still sitting in your pajamas. From last week.
Is this you?
Read past posts from our Mayhem Mommies here!
Don’t miss a post! Type your email address in the box below and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.