As a result of recent posts, I’ve been experiencing daily deja vu.
The conversation goes like this:
COMPOSITE PERSON: What are you?
COMPOSITE PERSON: You know, which party?
ME: I love parties.
COMPOSITE PERSON: No, I mean political party. Are you one of those?
ME: One of what?
COMPOSITE PERSON: (Sotto voce.) Ah, ya know, ah, right-winger? You know, one of those Tea Party folks?
ME: (Sotto voce.) No. (Pause.) Why are we whispering?
COMPOSITE PERSON: (More sotto voce.) But you’re a Republican, though, right?
ME: (Sotto voce.) Well…
COMPOSITE PERSON: A Democrat? Whew. You’re a Demcrat.
COMPOSITE PERSON: Libertarian?
ME: Thing is, I hate FOX News. It’s like 24/7 Chicken Little. There, I said it. I outed myself. (Sorry, Mom!)
COMPOSITE PERSON: And Rush Limbaugh?
ME: Can’t stand the guy. But Katie Couric trying to conduct an impartial interview? Adorable. But silly. Biden annoys the crud out of me. Be honest, he’s the Dem version of Dan Quayle.
COMPOSITE PERSON: So that means you’re a…?
COMPOSITE PERSON: Not even a hint?
ME: I’ll give you more than a hint. Susanne Atanus is Exhibit A of what I can’t stand from any party/either party…
I hope that narrows it down for everyone.
If not, maybe this list will:
- Against tinfoil caps
- Doesn’t believe in Aliens
- Not a conspiracy theorist
- Thinks there might be something to Global Warming
- Hoping Al Gore will turn off some of the lights in his mansion!
- Betting there’s a ton of waste within our government (i.e., for transparency and routine State and Federal audits)
- Term limits are a good thing
- Anti pensions for part-time public servants
- Thinks Jimmy Fallon rules late night.
- Desperately Missing Tim Russert!
- Thinks corporate American owns the titles, rights, deeds and leases of our politicians. And that just ain’t right.