While eating my chili-smothered baked potato today, I started thinking about #10 on this list. So here are the top 10 things people say and do that make me want to SMH (“smack my head”).
10. Have you ever seen those people that refuse to eat the skin from a baked potato, but are the first ones to dig into potato skins when they’re an appetizer? SMH!
9. I’ve see people shake hands and say “peace be with you” in church than try to run each other over and cut each other off on their way home. SMH!
8. Bargain items – buy one get one half off –
The checker at the grocery store –
These are buy one, get one half off.
I know, but I only need one. Why should I pay more for another one, when I don’t need it?
Because it’s buy one, get one half off! That’s a great deal!
It’s not a deal if I just throw the other one away.
(confused look) Of course it’s a deal, you get one half off!
7. People complain about how cold they are in “this Chicago weather” while they’re standing there in flip-flips, a halter top, and capri’s. SMH!
6. Viewers listen to the meteorologists on TV and believe them. SMH!
5. Pressing the elevator button faster and faster will not make it get to the lobby faster. SMH!
4. Pressing the pedestrian “walk” button over and over and over will not make the stoplight change faster. SMH!
3. People say “it takes so long to eat in restaurants these days” as they post their selfies, group photos and pics of their food on Facebook while eating out. SMH!
2. I hear people at restaurants order a bacon-double cheese burger, onion rings, and a diet coke. SMH!
1. People complain about how “broke” they are while they’re driving in their brand new car, talking on their iPhone 6, all while drinking their Starbuck’s latte and trying not to spill on their designer shoes. SMH!
Wisdom, common sense and courtesy would go a long way in this world of ours.
James 1:5 (CEB)
5 But anyone who needs wisdom should ask God, whose very nature is to give to everyone without a second thought, without keeping score. Wisdom will certainly be given to those who ask.
Proverbs 18:15 (CEB)
15 An understanding mind gains knowledge; the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
What things do you see and hear that make you want to smack your head?
Tell me about them here, then come over to my Facebook page and like it. I offer (nearly) daily devotionals and encouraging conversations for people of all ages.
Like this post? Sign-up below to receive an email whenever I publish something new. No spam, no junk. Promise.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.