I am a “big” girl. No, I’m NOT big-boned. Bones don’t jiggle. I’m obese. There. I said it. I’m obese, and these are the top 10 reasons to get off my chunky butt and workout:
- I need to stop knocking the shampoo and conditioner bottles off the shelf thingies with my butt when I turn around in the shower.
- I need to stop visiting the clothing section where all the sizes are double digits with a “wuh” after them.
- I’d like to run (walk) the 5k at my church again this spring, this time without thinking bad words the entire time.
- I’d like to wear the lovely (free) bicycle jersey my favorite adventure company sent me without revealing WAY too much of my “girls” to the world.
- I’d like to wear yoga pants. I cannot believe I just said that out loud.
- I’d like to go to a Chicago Blackhawks game, but I can only afford seats in the nosebleed section (or as I call it, the “heart attack and/or gasping for air while climbing to it” section).
- I’d like to be able to eat ice cream that isn’t named “skinny cow”. How rude. I am not.
- I’d like it if the “camera added 10 pounds” and I still looked AWESOME.
- I’d like to be able to scratch the middle of my back again without needing the spaghetti spoon to do it.
- I’d like to be able to ride my bike with the saddlebags strapped to the frame of the bike, not attached to my butt.
So these are just a handful of the reasons I’m getting off my butt and getting on my elliptical. Pray for me.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
How do you stay fit and healthy? Comment here, and come join me on Facebook by clicking this.
Get an email every time I publish something new. It’s cool; you won’t miss me that way.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.