The Mane Attraction

« I've got nails...do you? Keith's progress - update! »

Bald is beautiful

Cynthia Washington

My goal is to share ALL the knowledge I have obtained over the last nine years about hair, skin and nails with everyone who is "Mane conscious"!

I thank God for ALL the handsome bald men featured in this section and for allowing me to post pics of their chic bald heads and for sharing their regimen secretes on how to obtain a flawless bald head!
WGN news reporter Antwan Lewis is kicking off the bald is beautiful section by giving us all a sneak peek into his journey.

Antwan first shaved his head in 1992.  He did it because someone at Norfolk State University (the college he was attending at the time) told him they though it would "work" on him and bald was becoming en vogue, given Barkley and Jordan's pop culture status at the time.  Antwan wore a hat to Thanksgiving dinner that year with his family, he hadn't told his mother that he'd shaved his head, but when he took his hat off and she saw it she yelled: "Twan!! Wait...I think I like it."  When his mother gave him thumbs up, he knew without a shadow of a doubt that bald was tailored for him!

Antwan used to go to the barber to achieve his smooth bald head but his barber honestly told him "Man, you know you can do this yourself and save eight bucks."  He shaves every two days, depending on how the stubble feels.  He is a news reporter for WGN News, and being on the air demands total awareness of appearance.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out some more of Chicago's very own bald and beautiful!!!

Bald Chi Guy said:

I started shaving my head regularly in 2002, and aside from having to grow it out a little for a few shows here and there (I'm an actor), it's been that way ever since. It's very much a part of who I am (as my display name suggests), and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Cynthia Washington said:

Hey Bald Chi Guy I would really love to see your bald head!!

TimH said:

Dang...

Cynthia Washington said:

TimH Thanks for stopping by!:D

Cynthia Washington said:

Lauren that's Fabulous!!!!

Bald-headed Men are Sexy said:

Lauren/Cynthia,

I enjoyed your blogs on bald-headed men and will always think of this look as distinguished and sexy! It is very masculine and timeless. As a matter of fact, I wish all balding men (and some with a full head of hair) would "bic it" as you said.

Mike Nadel said:

Oh. My. God. 'Tis your ChicagoNow colleague from The Baldest Truth here (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/mike-nadel-baldest-truth). I can NOT believe I wasn't consulted!!!

Cynthia Washington said:

Hey Mike it would be an honor if you'd allow me to show case your beautiful bald head on the mane attraction! Send me a couple of pics to themaneattraction44@yahoo.com along with your regimen so that I can put you where you belong with Chicago's finest bald men :D!!

Mike Nadel said:

Aw, I was just funnin' Cynthia. I've got no regimen - just shave it twice a week and spread some lotion up there every day. I'll let my Baldest Truth mug stand for itself! Keep up the good work!!

MsColeyCole said:

Hey Cynthia! I am loving the Bald is Beutiful section. You know there is nothing hotter than a bald headed man. Keep up the good work and hot topics...XOXOXO MsColeyCole

Cynthia Washington said:

Thanks MsColeyCole you know you got that right...nothing hotter sizzle!!!!!

Jessica Downey said:

Love this! I hve to say there is something hot about a bald guy (actually I just went on a date with a guy over the weekend that is bald, but that's a whole other blog). Though it doesn't look right on every guy, I say the guys that can do it should rock it!

Cynthia Washington said:

Jessica I know I do too, my husband is bald! I'm going to slide a pic in of him but I'm the photo so excuse me LOL :> Girl bald men are truly beautiful!!!!! Thanks for stopping by.