Food Fight

Palin/Wilson 2012

Joe Wilson perfectly articulated the subtext of the Republican Party. "You Lie!"

joe_wilson.jpg

You Lie about single-payer.

You Lie about death panels.

You Lie about mining disease for wealth.

I have no problem with Joe Wilson acting stupidly in a joint session of congress.

I have no problem turning a chamber of decorum into a town hall of idiots.

As a matter of fact, I have no problem putting aside pseudo-respect.

I'm happy to replace dishonest debate with word bullets, and actual bullets.

BANG! Bring it on. Take aim, you 2nd amendment sissies. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

You Lie about the link between Iraq & Afghanistan.

You Lie about the link between Saddam & Osama.

You Lie about the link between Fox & News

fox_noise.jpg

I can't wait until 2012, when Sarah Palin & Joe Wilson team up. I'm taking a year off. I'm going to all their speeches. I'm going to all their town hall meetings.

I won't stop until I'm dating Bristol. I hate wearing condoms, so she's perfect.

On my year off, I'm encouraging all my gun-loving pals to pal around with me.  AK-47, AR-15, M16A2: I want a 21 gun salute from a well armed, well hung militia in hot pants every time I'm in a town hall meeting with Sarah & Joe.

Thumbnail image for hope_nope.jpg

You Lie about civil rights.

You Lie about marriage equality.

You Lie about love.

I was at a political rally just before the election of 2008. One of the candidates running on the conservative side began rattling off the usual diatribe of republican intolerance. I yelled, "Just because you have a microphone doesn't mean you have the right to lie." Immediately, I was surrounded by police.

Unlike Joe Wilson, the very next day I didn't get rewarded with $200,000.00. His gamble paid off, big time! More and more, the only people who make money on the dow are short selling the truth. Honesty needs a bail out. But it's not going to happen. Which sucks for me. Unfortunately, when it comes to the truth, I'm all in.

You Lie about climate change.

You Lie about oil addiction.

You Lie about Eco Man.

eco_man.jpg

If we learned anything from watching George Bush fly over New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina humiliated the poor, it's this: Compassionate Conservatism is compassion at 30,000 feet.

george_bush_overlooking_katrina.jpg

Looking back, I wish liberals had thrown more than a shoe at George Bush. Looking back, we were misguided. We thought, in certain rooms, in certain chambers, in the company of a certain someone who was actually elected, we were supposed to be polite.

There's a sucker born every minute. Liberals were born 59 seconds ago, without the public option.

palin_2012.jpg

Welcome to blogging for The New American Century, sponsored by Food Fight. Two knuckleheaded brothers, Greg & Joey, who, inspired by Sarah & Joe, are finally ready to pop the big money question, "Why disagree without being disagreeable when it's so much more fun to act stoooopidly."

(Please make all checks payable to Food Fight. Include a self-addresses stamped envelope and we'll send you a God Damn Button.)

Walnut said:

I'm going to take the year off too...I'll bring snacks and car bingo for the road trip.

Greg Morelli said:

Car bingo and a glock. Let's turn "School House Rock" into "School House Glock."

Walnut said:

we are going to need a mix for this road trip. I say we kick it off with We Didn't Start the Fire

Joey Morelli said:

Here's a Chicago classic for your mixtape: One dark night when we were all in bed, Ole Mother Leary lit her lantern in the shed, and when the cow kicked it over, she winked her eye and said, "It'll be a hot time in the Old Town tonight. Fire! Fire! Fire!"

vinvegas said:

I ran into an old franternity brother this weekend. He was the poster child for the stoner movement. I appeared to be the complete antitheses. My time-traveling friend, as a 40 year old father of two, turned out to be a right wing republican who hates Obama with a scary kind of of tone. I was shocked. He was shocked that I was lefty.

Greg Morelli said:

I saw an old fraternity brother a couple weekends ago. It made me think back...

At The University of Florida, he was the poster child for Pi Lambda Phi's radical right. We called them "The Briefcase Boys." They were all ambition with no heart, a briefcase stuffed with ego.

He was tall and blond. He was the epitome of confidence. He was everything I was not. On the surface.

He was my first lesson in sticking around long enough to find the struggling boy beneath the golden child who seemed to float above life.

When George W. Bush took the white house, he accompanied me to the Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nevada. I wanted to get in touch with my inner-Dubya.

When my life in New York City collapsed around me, and I had to move back to Chicago to help my family open Joey's Brickhouse, he packed up his wife and new baby so he could pay me a visit, and shake me by the shoulders 'til I let go of self-pity.

When Senator Obama became President Obama, I got a call from this tall, white, golden child who was now a beautiful man. His voice was glowing. He'd been bitten by the Hope Bug.

It was my second lesson in sticking around long enough to watch a country that had endured 43 consecutive mostly irrelevant white men grow the hell up and elect America's 1st black president.

May we never go back to Elko, Nevada.

vinvegas said:

Wilson broke the House GOP's own set of etiquette rules (he may have felt that they didn't apply to a black or Democratic president):

References to the Senate or Executive Branch

Until the 109th Congress, it was not in order to make certain references to the Senate or individual senators. However, at the beginning of that Congress, the House removed the prohibition on making references to the Senate, leaving only the requirement that debate be confined to the question under debate and avoid “personality.” The precedents of the House allow a wide latitude in criticism of the President, other executive officials, and the government itself. However, it is not permissible to use language that is personally offensive to the President, such as referring to him as a “hypocrite” or a “liar.” Similarly, it is not in order to refer to the President as “intellectually dishonest” or an action taken by the President as “cowardly.” References to the Vice President, in spite of his role as President of the Senate, are measured against the standard used for the President rather than prior standards used to govern the Senate.