Below is a ‘must-try’ list for this month, including some of the hottest places to dine in Chicago. May’s list encompasses some new hot spots and some that have been around for many years, all are worth a visit, each unique in their own way. Happy Spring!
- Ella Elli: The team behind Crosby’s Kitchen and Smoke Daddy, recently opened this Lakeview hot spot serving Italian-Mediterranean sharing plates & classic cocktails in lounge & booth seating. 1349 W Cornelia, Chicago IL 60657 | (773) 935- 3552
- El Che Bar: Located near ‘restaurant row,’ El Che is an Argentinian-American establishment, serving South American cocktails in an earth-toned space with an open kitchen. It’s perfect for dining with a group so you can share the 32 oz. bone-in ribeye or for cocktailing by the elegant marble bar. 845 W Washington Blvd. Chicago, IL 60607 | (312) 265-1130
- Side Street Saloon: A cozy neighborhood bar with pool and darts to amuse you accompanied by a great beer selection. Serving wings, homemade pizza and sandwiches, with a great burger deal on the weekends. I hear the spaghetti and meatballs special on Wednesdays is good too. 1456 West George St., Chicago IL 60657 | (773) 327-1127
- Cruz Blanca: A funky Mexican-influenced pub from Rick Bayless serving tacos, quesadillas and tostadas. In an industrial setting, with communal tables, queue up at the back, place your order and enjoy the vibe. I recommend the tostada-like pizza, absolutely genius. 904 West Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60607 | (312) 733-1975
- Up and Up: Walk into The Robey, Wicker Park’s newest hotel and take the elevator to the top floor. There, you will find a small, somewhat intimate cocktail lounge that has an incredible view of the city. There is a small outdoor space to soak it all in and take pictures. Yes, it is pricey, but worth it to enjoy the views this beautiful city has to offer. 1600 N Milwaukee Chicago, IL 60647 | (872) 315-3082
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.