If you’re a dog lover, bringing your furry friend along to Chicago bars and restaurants is one of the best ways to spend your time. Listed below are a couple places you can bring your pup the next time you want to dine or drink out:
- Ranalli’s: Your dog can dine with you, literally, at Ranalli’s spacious outdoor patio. Ranalli’s serves pizza and pub food; I recommend the big pepperoni pizza or the tukey burger. Water bowls are available, and they even have a dog menu so you can buy treats for your pup.
- Shoes: A neighborhood dive bar where the bartender will greet you with endless treats for your pooch. Feel free to stay awhile, sip on a few beers or stiff cocktails, munch on some popcorn and hang with your pup.
- 312 Chicago: Take your dog on a trip to the Loop and dine outside at 312 Chicago’s patio open now through Labor Day, every Saturday and Sunday. The Italian restaurant offers complimentary chef-made treats for your pup as well as a doggie menu featuring $7 entrees including salmon and chicken.
- Big Star: Enjoy guacamole, tacos and a pitcher of margaritas outside with your furry friend. Big Star has a large outdoor patio that is crowded daily, especially in the summertime. Water bowls are provided for your pup.
- River Shannon: A dive bar bar indeed, with outdoor seating in the summer, where your dog is most welcome to join you as you drink out. With a water bowl and treats placed outside by the front door, the bartender will offer treats when you order your drinks as well. If you get hungry, they have popcorn too.
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.