Let’s face it. We’re all (kind of) weird. From the little quirks, to the strange habits we have – we all do things that are a bit out of the ordinary. That’s what makes us all so unique and beautiful!
Well, I am taking a leap and going to talk about some of my quirks, weird habits, and more. It’s good for the soul and good to laugh at ourselves once in awhile.
- I cannot walk over the grates in the sidewalks (I’m afraid they’ll break and I’ll fall in)
- I can’t sit backwards on a train or any moving vehicle (makes me motion sick)
- I bite and/or peel my lips
- I also pick my cuticles (although not very often)
- I grind my teeth at night (can we say stress!?)
- I count things – when I’m bored, waiting for an appointment or just sitting around – I count the things on the wall, the sides of a television, the cubes in a shelf etc. (and the number always has to end in a number ending in zero – 20/30/40 etc.)
- I’ve had migraines since I was in college. They’ve gotten worse since I had kids 16 years ago
- I’ve had high blood pressure since my first pregnancy too – and it never went down so I’m on high blood pressure medicine (and my BP even on medicine is 140/90)
- When I am sitting and don’t have shoes on, I tuck my toes under my feet – curled under.
- I have to sleep under a blanket even when I’m hot (it will protect me from a murderer!)
- I love the smell of my dogs feet and ears!
- I can’t drive behind ladder trucks – I’m afraid the ladder will fall and come right through the windshield and kill me (and this literally happened to my Great Grandfather, so I should have a phobia about it!)
It’s okay, you can laugh at me! I laugh at myself. Does anyone want to confess their weirdness? Comment below. It’s good to know we are not the only weird one on this planet!
Come on – join me! Let’s make it a beautiful (weird) day!
Thanks so much for reading! If you like what you read, I encourage you to share this post and read more of my Beautiful Day blog.
To get my blog delivered directly to your inbox, type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.