Looking for the top 5 best Christmas light displays around Chicago? It is Christmas in Chicago, and with the great weather this week, it is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the best Christmas light displays around Chicago in 2015. Included in this list are some classic favorites like holiday magic at Brookfield zoo and some fun drive-thru Christmas displays that also benefit great causes.
So, get the family in the car, grab some hot chocolate and head out to enjoy these great displays!
5. Holiday Lights, Lilacia Park: The city of Lombard decks out the beautiful Lilacia Park in thousands of lights for a wonderful walkthrough display. It is free to walk through the display and the lights are lit nightly. It is also free to visit with Santa until December 20th. For more information: http://lombardparks.com/2015/10/23/holiday-lights-in-lilacia-park/
4. Mooseheart, North Aurora: This is a 1.8 mile drive-through display and they will also be hosting a meet and greet with Santa on select nights this year. Admission is $10 per car and you can also purchase 3d glasses for $3 a pair. The show is open nightly from 5-9pm. For more information: http://www.mooseheart.org/2015/News/HolidayLights2.asp
3. Aurora’s Festival of Lights: Located in Phillips Park, it is free to drive through this mile-long display. This is one of the largest outdoor displays in Chicagoland and it is open on weekends through the 27th from 5-10 pm. Sun-Thurs it is open from 5-9 pm. For more information: http://www.aurorafestivaloflights.com/
2. Brookfield Zoo Holiday Magic: This insanely popular tradition at Brookfield zoo is back again this year. Open each weekend from Dec. 1-31st, the festivities begin at 4:00 PM. Highlights include over 1 million lights, photos with Santa, games and treats. Please note there is a charge for admission, $16.95 for adults, 11.95 for children. For more information: https://www.czs.org/magic
1. Illumination Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum: Located in Lisle, the Morton Arboretum is hosting its light display yet again this year. Enjoy a walk in the woods with both lights and sounds to get you in the holiday spirit. The show is running nightly through January 2nd (closed Christmas, Christmas Eve, Dec 7th & Dec 30th) Tickets can be purchased online and cost $17 per adult and $11 per child until the 19th. After the 19th, prices are $20 per adult and $13 per child. For more information: http://www.mortonarb.org/events/illumination-tree-lights-morton-arboretum