Looking for a fun way to spend this warm weekend around Chicago? Well, here are five fun activities that can help you get out and enjoy the weather this
weekend around Chicagoland.
1. Brookfield Zoo: While Boo at the Zoo does not start until October 19th, Brookfield Zoo is still a top pick for this weekend. The weather will warm enough that you won't need a jacket, but cool enough for the animals to be out and active. Also, crowds tend to dip a bit in September, making for a less crowded experience. This is also the last weekend you can check out Stingray Bay before it closes for the winter On September 30th. Standard admission rates apply, for more information check out: http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/
2. Thatcher Woods Family Night Out: On Saturday, September 26, from 6-9 pm the Cook County Forest Preserve is holding a family night out. They will have storytelling, snacks, smores, and other nature activities. For more information, check out: http://fpdcc.com/events/
3. St. James Farm Covered Wagon Tours: St. James Farm in Wheaton is offering covered wagon tours around the historic farm on Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. $5 a person ages 13 and up, $2 from 5-12 and under 5 is free. For more information: http://www.dupageforest.com/Calendar.aspx
4. Six Flags Great America Fright Fest: Fright fest begins this weekend, and opening weekend is typically the least crowded time to visit this haunted Halloween Chicago tradition. Be sure to check out the newest edition of the yearly show Love at First fright and bring a camera to capture the spooky decor around the park. Prices vary, but coke cans currently have half off and buy one get one free coupons printed on them. For more information, check out: https://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/index.aspx
5. Bengtson's Pumpkin Fest 2013: Bengtson's is a classic Chicago pumpkin farm offering everything from pig races to corn mazes. They open on September 28th for their Pumpkin Fest 2013. Last year they were voted the Best Pumpkin Farm in Chicagoland by Fox News viewers. This year unlimited kid's rides are included with admission, with the exception of the pony rides. This year you also don't need a pumpkin farm coupon, you can get the $11.99 coupon price for admission without a coupon by ordering your tickets online and printing them out. For more details, check out: http://www.pumpkinfarm.com/family.html