Last night Broadway in Chicago invited me down to the Cadillac Palace to enjoy Disneys Beauty & The Beast, and enjoy it I did!
Click through for some photos from the production and some "interesting facts" about the show.
- Beauty and the Beast opened on Broadway in 1994 and ran for 13 years.
- BATB has been seen by more than 35 million people - worldwide!
- There are 81 wigs for the 30 cast members
- 350 feet of streamers are "dispatched" over the audience (and yeah I caught one)
- The "West Wing" set piece weighs 1,700 pounds
- It takes 5 trucks to move the production from one city to another
Overall, I enjoyed this show, it's a lot of fun, you'll laugh a lot and even laugh at some things that you shouldn't (like how suggestive Lumiere is). There were a few technical issues during the production, the mics on some of the actors were not working or had a lot of "fuzz" on them. Mst unfortunately during the final "transformation" scene when the Beast becomes the prince the lights went black, the music played and it appeared as though the fire screen descended, and then the lights came back up and the prince was transformed - sort of a let down since that is the climax of the show.