I think it is important to model service and commitment to community through my actions AND to also find opportunities for my kids to have hands-on experiences themselves. So I am a big fan of The Kindness Connection, an organization that does just that.
The Kindness Connection (TKC) is an innovative non-profit 501(c)3 organization that addresses a unique niche in the volunteer service arena by specializing in the creation and implementation of volunteer experiences that positively impact children in grades K – 6.In short, they give kids real, hands-on volunteer opportunities. They recently visited my children's school and I was seriously impressed.
Up to this point, The Kindness Connection has primarily operated in school. Recently, they launched a new initiative for philanthropic families. The Kindness Connection Membership program gives families the tools to foster kindness in their family by helping others (this is a perfect activity for a day off of school).
Families that join the Kind Kids Club will receive the following benefits:
- A starter kit: includes your initial charitable project and starter supplies for quarterly service projects; a member card; kindness stickers; and a Kindness Journal
- Monthly ideas for service activities and ways to make a difference
- Quarterly service projects which you will complete and donate (downloadable with starter materials provided)
- Regular family kindness events and meet up groups
- Discounts and special offers at local businesses
- Special VIP access to TKC’s awesome events
To sign up for the TKC Kind Kids Club membership program, visit www.thekindnessconnection.org. We signed up! I hope you will consider a membership for your family.