Ready, Pet, Go!, Chicago Children’s Museum’s brand new exhibit, is a celebration of all things pet and pet-related. We had a chance to check it out over Memorial Day Weekend and my kids fell in love.
Ready, Pet, Go! offers children the opportunity to act like pets; climb in, out and around super-sized pet structures; dress up in fur, floppy ears and other pet-inspired costumes; read and tell stories about pets and their own pet experiences; and much more.
- The Kiddy Condo, a giant carpeted climbing structure, made specifically for kids; kids dressing in furry costumes and making floppy ears to wear
- The Coop, a reimagined chicken coop designed to be fun and funky
- The chance to make pet name tags and bringing their (real or pretend) pet into the space
- The opportunity to play with life-size stuffed animals
- The Nest, a comfy, cozy five-foot nest perfect for resting
I had to drag all three of my kids out of this space after they had been playing for over an hour. They LOVED it. I highly recommend that you add this fun new exhibit to your summer must-do list.