If you are a parent in Chicago, you don't need an introduction to NPN (Neighborhood Parents Network). You know who they are and all of the resources they offer every Chicago family.
I encourage you to come out and enjoy a morning of family fun, while also supporting NPN and all that they do to make it a joy to raise kids in the city. If you've never been to a Wake Up and Boogie Down event, check it out this year. Warm up a winter Saturday morning with a wide range of entertaining kid-centric activities and music. Sold out the past two years, this year’s event takes place March 3 from 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. at the Cubby Bear (1059 W. Addison, Chicago) and is open to the public.
Scheduled activities include:
- Live musical performances by The Happiness Club and Bubbles Academy
- Rock ’n’ roll makeovers, arts & crafts and games
- Healthy snacks for parents and kids, courtesy of Burger Bar, Eli's Cheesecake, Farmed Here, Happy Baby Foods, Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels, Lifeway, Pirate’s Booty and Uncle Sammy’s
- Engaging activities with K Grace Childcare, Little Gems International, Multilingual Chicago and Shedd Aquarium
- Raffle packages sponsored by On the Go Chicago
- Dancing with Hubbard Street Dance Chicago teaching artists
- Special “tot activities zone” with The Little Gym of Chicago
- Giveaways for the whole family
- A chance to “walk the red carpet,” courtesy of FLOR, and be photographed, courtesy of Shay Feeney Photography
Tickets are $25 for adults ($20 NPN members), $15 for children ($10 NPN) and $65 for a family four-pack ($50 NPN). Children one year old and younger are admitted free of charge. For tickets, visit npnparents.org/events/379.