Are you having a good summer so far? Me too. We've been doing all sorts of fun activities around town -- and then I've been busy blogging about it all.
I am writing another blog for the months of June and July called School's Out!. I've been posting about family-friendly activities in and around Chicago over there as well. I thought I would post a few links to some posts on School's Out! that Wee Windy City readers might find interesting.
- Free Museum Days. The free days at Chicago-area museums are far and few between during the summer months so be sure to take advantage of the few that are offered.
- Family Programming at the Art Institute of Chicago. Perfect for those rainy days when a trip to the beach just isn't going to happen.
- Summer Outdoor Creation Stations at the MCA. Love, love, love this free weekly program for the kiddos.
- And you won't want to miss the new Nature Boardwalk at the Lincoln Park Zoo opening later this week. This place is going to be amazing.
- Family Adventure Days. Field trips for the whole family!
Filed under: appreciating art, Art Institute of Chicago, Arts and Crafts, blogging, Chicago Children's Museum, Chicago History Museum, Chicago Park District, Cultural Experiences for the Kiddos, Free museum days, Fun for the Whole Family, Garfield Park Conservatory, Lincoln Park Zoo, Museum of Science and Industry, resources for family adventures, School's Out!, Shedd Aquarium, Summer, The Best Kind of Fun is Free, The great outdoors, The Nature Boardwalk, zoos