Choosing the Perfect Wedding Day Fragrance that Compliments You
Perfume is an important part of your wedding day. According to Martha Stewart Weddings, a lovely perfume can evoke the feelings of your wedding day. "Scents are processed in the emotional part of the brain," says Alan R. Hirsch, M.D., founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago. "When you first wear a fragrance, your memory of the occasion is linked with the scent." --*Martha Stewart Weddings, Choosing a Fragrance
In this article, I am sharing 5 tips on how choosing certain fragrances can compliment the style of wedding you intend on having.
Helpful Tips and Suggestions
- If a flowery scent isn't your first choice, there are many other fragrances to choose from during your wedding planning process. Choose a few before making your final decision.
- To make the fragrance last on your wedding day I would suggest you layer it.
- Perfume smells differ on everyone because everyone's body chemistry is different. I would suggest that if you find a perfume you like that you smelled on someone else, to first get a sample of it, wear it a couple of times to see if it is indeed the right scent for you.
- Don't choose Vera Wang perfume just because you are wearing her beautiful gown because that perfume scent may not be the scent for you.
- Take your fiancé along with you. His decision in this process is important too. Of course he may not want to go, but after all he will be the one in your arms the entire day, night and after the wedding and your scent will be on his mind event when you are not around. So it is important that you want him pleased with your scent, it will drive him crazy and he won't be able to get enough of you.
If you are the type of bride that desires a romantic and elegant wedding, then it would be a good idea to choose fragrance that best describe romance and elegance like a sweet and floral scent. You may also be the type of bride who likes indulges in wearing classic perfumes like Coco Chanel.
Would love for you to share what your favorite fragrance is...