I have a confession to make, I LOVE sweets. However, I’m sure I’m not the only one with this secret. I love the idea of couples including a candy buffet at their wedding reception for their guests.
This gives the adult guests the opportunity to bring out their inner-child and without feeling guilty by indulging in different sweets during or after the reception.
Candy buffets are not a new trend; however they are still a big hit at receptions, which is why I wanted to share with you 5 ways to ensure that your candy buffet is a success.
- You want your candy buffet to stand out. A beautiful candy buffet has height, texture and most importantly decor. If you have a specific theme, you can also incorporate your theme with the buffet.
- Most couples ask is how much candy should they buy? Plan by how you want the display to look, not how many guests are coming. Having enough candy is crucial in making your candy buffet look good. Hiring a professional to do it will ensure that you have just enough candy for your guests.
- Having bags or boxes will allow for guests to take the candy home or back to their table during the reception. They also add a special touch to the table.
- Add labels and/or tags to each jar of candy. Each label and/or tag can have a special message. Also, adding the name of each candy on label can let guests know what they are eating, will prevent them from wasting and of course prevent them from eating something they may be allergic to.
- Lastly, don’t forget to have something to select candy with – i.e. scoops or tongs. Not only for sanitary reasons but for the guests to be able to easily get their candy in the bags or boxes.
Candy buffets are a great wedding favor and all those delicious sweets will leave a lasting memory for your guests to remember. If you are interested in having a candy buffet at your wedding, I recommend visiting http://www.chicagoweddingcandybuffet.com/.
Chicago Wedding Candy Buffet will also be presenting at An Intimate Bridal Affair on January 25, 2012 at Hotel Palomar. Donna of Chicago Wedding Candy Buffet already shared with me that she will be creating a “Masterpiece” for this event. Brides you do not want to miss this event.
Follow me on twitter @candacepolk and email me at email@example.com with comments, questions or suggestions. Thanks for reading! xo