It is true what they say, time goes faster the older you get. 2013 has sped by so fast, it seems I was just wrapping up 2012. 2011 doesn't seem too long ago either. It is retrospective to look back and realize I'm content with the place I am in right now.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? Eka Pada Koundinyanasana II (a twisted arm balance).
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My new year's resolution is always patience. I'm always working on it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Many of my prenatal yoga students and a few friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Sadly, my Gram passed away peacefully early this morning at 95 years old.
5. What places did you visit? Paris, South Carolina, New Jersey, Denver, New York, Indiana.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? More energy.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 1 was our 10th Anniversary and we traveled to Paris for an unforgettable vacation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I guess I would say larger audiences reading my writing.
9. What was your biggest failure? Meaningless bickering with my husband.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I hurt my neck pretty bad doing a headstand.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I would have to say our trip to Paris.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband. He works really hard for the kids and I.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Constantly reading of guns in schools and innocent lives being lost.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our home and Paris.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Time away with my husband.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013? Roar by Katy Perry (There has gotta be something better that I'm blanking on).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Drinking.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2013? We don't celebrate Christmas, but my family got together at my parents house for dinner.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013? No. Yet, I continue to be in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The kids and I watched Dancing with the Stars this year together.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2013? I spent the day with my daughter and girlfriend and the night doing yoga with my husband.
24. What was the best book you read? John Green's "The Fault of Our Stars."
25. What did you want and get? Paris with my husband.
26. What did you want and not get? A cure for MS.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I recently saw Catching Fire and liked it, can't remember any other hits of the year.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I'm connecting with new writers and yogis.
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having MS
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? Yoga clothes.
31. What kept you sane? Writing and yoga.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Can't think of anyone.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Gun control.
34. Who did you miss? My Grandma.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. Appreciate the little things.
I would love to hear how you would answer these questions. Please leave the links to your wrap up in the comments below.
Thank you for being a part of the Ups and Downs of a Yoga Mom community in 2013. I look forward to spending 2014 with you.
Click like if you enjoyed this post! Continue the conversation on Facebook here and type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.