Eight Thanksgivings ago we gathered at my parent's house with my sister, sister and brother-in-law and in-laws in anticipation of the arrival of the first baby of the family. This year we will all come together again with the addition of more children to celebrate that not-so-little-boy's 8th Birthday.
It is beyond appropriate that this child was born on his due date on the last day of Thanksgiving weekend. I am grateful for his wisdom and gentleness that teaches me something new every day.
He is thoughtful, kind, intuitive, sensitive and makes my heart full simply by looking at him. I am so proud to be his mother and wanted to share his birthday interview that we conducted this morning in our pajamas over doughnuts and candles.
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your favorite thing to wear?
4. What is your favorite sport?
I don't have one, I don't play sports; but Dad likes football.
5. What is your favorite cereal?
Cocoa Puffs - even though I never had them.
6. Who is your best friend?
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
8. What is your favorite book?
9. What are you really good at?
10. Where do you wish you could go on vacation?
11. What is your best memory?
Getting my first Skylander**
12. What would you buy if you had a $1000?
13. What vegetable do you like the most?
14. If you could have one wish what would it be?
A million more wishes.
15. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
16. Who is your biggest hero?
17. What do you like to do with your friends?
Be awesome. Play games.
18. What do you hope to accomplish by your next birthday?***
Have all the Skylanders.
**Can you tell he is really into Skylanders these days?
***Is it true that he doesn't need a car seat anymore now that he is eight?
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. Be grateful for all that you have.
You might be interested in reading about our Thanksgiving when the fire truck came.
Click like if you enjoyed this post! Continue the conversation on Facebook here and type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.