As much as I try to be content with where I am at; the scale is telling me I have a gained a few pounds. Nothing earth shaking, but a recent photo showed me I look different in real life that I imagined in my mind.
The photo was simple a reminder that I need to get back to my green smoothies, clean eating and eliminate mindless eating.
This vegan Very Green Avocado Tahini Dip is something tasty that is okay to eat a lot of. Stocking more of this in the fridge and less Halloween candy will hopefully keep the pounds from creeping back on this month.
More important than weight, is I feel good, healthy and energetic when I eat this fresh dip.
Vegan Very Green Avocado Tahini Dip
- 3 to 4 ounces baby spinach or arugula, or a combination
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, cilantro, or dill
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse the greens and place them in a large skillet or saucepan.
- With just the water clinging to the leaves, cook the greens until just wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Place all the ingredients in the container of your Vitamix or blender and process until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup water, as needed, to achieve a medium-thick consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Keep covered until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, fresh gluten free pita, or raw veggies.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Click like if you enjoyed this post! Continue the conversation on Facebook here and type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.