Now that daylight lasts longer and the weather is warm, instead of getting ready for bed after dinner we instituted The After Dinner Walk.
The over weight dog gets his much needed exercise while the kids often ride their bikes or scooters. Somedays we walk around the block, other evenings we go further exploring the neighborhood.
Here are six reasons why The After Dinner Walk has improved our home life.
1. Leave cell phones/electronics at home. Each of us is present and not distracted by our devices something we are all often guilty of.
2. Sets an example to my kids that exercise is a part of our lives, but also enjoyable.
3. No matter how busy our day is we can slow down and talk (mostly) uninterrupted. I've found some of the best conversations come from walks.
4. Makes me feel less guilty about allowing the kids to watch tv or play on the ipad after school or camp.
5. Helps aid in digestion after a filling meal.
6. We all sleep better.
Try it and report back.
Continue the conversation on Facebook here and type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.