One of the hardest lists I could write is to narrow down the thousands of yoga poses into five of my favorite. What I enjoy today can change tomorrow, in a few months or years as my yoga practice is constantly evolving.
1. Trikasana (Triangle Pose) This may have been the first pose that I really "got." A teacher years ago gave me that perfect adjustment where my body fell into alignment. I enjoy the fact my front leg is straight which gives my sore quads a break from Warrior 2 and Side Angle (bent knee poses).
2. Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana (King Pigeon) My love for this asana begins with how beautiful it is. It appears graceful and ballet-like, although in actuality is a challenging hip opener and back bend.
3. Ustrasana (Camel) For me this asana is my most accessible back bend. Although intense, I feel the deepest heart opening and euphoria from back bending on my knees.
4. Navasana (Boat Pose) Strengthening my core is always a priority to me. I enjoy boat pose, as I don't feel as much strain on my neck or shoulders as I do in other plank-type core poses.
5. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Seated twist) This grounding twist cleanses my organs and releases toxins leaving me to feel rejuvenated and taller.
Now I ask you what your Top 5 favorite yoga poses are right now.