I wanted to write every day in 2017. I'll probably mess that up at some point, but today, I'll do a quickie, a cheater's post -- something I normally loathe thinking about, but it's late and I'm desperate. Something people recovering from the drink get taught to lean on as a go-to when miserable or lost or stuck in a nowhere thought pattern -- the gratitude list.
1. The days are getting longer.
2. I have a roof over my head in the bitter cold of winter in Chicago.
3. I walked 13,000 steps today.
4. I had a really great roast beef sandwich.
5. I have a great long, warm winter coat.
6. The Cubs are still the World Series Champions.
7. Neko. (mrow)
8. The Avett Brothers still have the power to make me cry.
9. I got a ride home tonight.
10. I have a lot of different groups of friends/people in my life who are all pretty awesome.
That's the news for now.
Wanna stay up to date with the latest from me? Type your email address in the box in the sidebar to the right under "Subscribe by Email," and click the "create subscription" button. You will NEVER get anything else from me (no SPAM, and you can opt out at any time).