- I gained 10 pounds last year after working hard to take off 50 pounds two years prior. The good news is that I'm already back on track. That being said, I know the error of my ways during my travels and will not consume every meal as if it's a crucial part of my travels. When I'm just eating for sustenance I will do so mindfully and save the calories for the meals that really are crucial to my travels.
- When I'm revisiting a destination I will do something different. I will visit a site I haven't been to before.
- I will add some adventure to my trip. Stepping out of your comfort zone renews your confidence and gives you new perspective.
- I will be mindful of the footprints I leave. My recent trip to Denmark made me realize how I can be part of the solution. I will reuse my towel at least once. I won't throw out the partially used toiletries for new ones. I will just use the ones that are there until they are gone. I will take a walking tour or rent a bike for my health and for the health of the environment. I might even seek out a Voluntourism trip. That's right I said might. I'm a work in progress.
- I work in the travel industry so this may sound funny to you but I will take a vacation. I haven't had one in at least 4 years. All of my travels have been for work. You may not have sympathy for me but understand that what I do is work.
- I will engage more with the locals. Maybe even invite someone to coffee just to chat and really learn about the country and the people. It's interesting to hear what people think about their country, your country and the world. Especially what they pay in taxes.
- I will say hello, please and thank you more and learn it in as many languages as I can. It's fun and the response you get is priceless.
This is what I plan to do for the New Year and beyond. I hope that I make it such a habit that it will forever be a part of what I do.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Co-Host, The Traveling Eye
Owner, Advantage International
Filed under: Uncategorized