Feeling overwhelmed and busy? This is the perfect slow cook recipe. Throw it in a crock pot or dutch oven on low for the day. You will feel better. You will feel responsible. You will have accomplished something. You will have actually made dinner! And if you really want to be an over achiever, make these potatoes, too!
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
- 1/2 cup water
- Peppercini, if you like
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Cream Cheese Make-ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs baking potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons onion salt OR minced garlic...your choice.
- Peel and cook potatoes. ( I don't peel...I like the Steakhouse mashed texture)
- Mash potatoes with next 5 ingredients. Eat now or ...
- Spoon into 13x9 lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake covered at 325 for 20 minutes. Sometimes I top with cheddar and bacon pieces too, like a twice baked.
- You can make ahead and refrigerate. Let dish come to room temperature for 30 minutes and then bake for 50 min.