I am not a jalapeno lover in a sense that I don't really love super spicy things. I do love this dip though. It has just enough spice for me to become completely addicted and I cannot stop eating it. It is the perfect heat with a cold beer.
Public Service Announcement: Take all of the necessary precautions when cutting the jalapeno if you are using fresh. When removing seeds and membrane, don't touch your eyes, etc. If you are a klutz, just buy them already in a jar or can.
- 1 ( 14 oz.) can/jar artichoke hearts, drained & diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 diced seeded fresh jalapeno OR 1/2 to 1 cup canned* jalapenos (depending on your level of spice)
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese - shredded
- Additional Parmesan cheese to cover
* Cans or jars of diced jalapenos and chilies are in the Hispanic/Mexican food aisle.
Mix all. Spoon into a shallow casserole or pie plate. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 325 F. for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly. OR you can microwave it until warm 1 min at a time and stir.
Serve with crackers or pita chips or wide red/green pepper slices. (These make great guilt-free scoops!)
This will serve quite a few people. Feel free to divide the recipe or make two and give one to your neighbor.
And bring on the game! Which game you ask? The NFL playoffs...the Superbowl...the Bulls (who are on every other minute now)...the Blackhawks...and the way this winter is zipping along...soon it will be March Madness already.
Filed under: Recipes