Metaphorically speaking…that is. Your family will die from eating such goodness. Again, so easy, so hearty, and so good.
On the 5th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me...Beef Stew!
In a Dutch oven, ie. heavy pot with a lid, or pot with heavy tin foil, casserole dish with lid, or I am sure a crock pot would work... I just always use my Le Creuset pot. It is the greatest for everything.
- 2 lbs of beef stew meat (This feeds approximately 4 adult sized people who really like Beef Stew)
- 10 baby red potatoes ~ halved
- ½ yellow onion ~ 1 in. rough chop (whole onion if your family likes onion)
- 5 carrots ~ peeled and 1 in. chop
- 2 celery stalks ~ 1 in. chop
Do your own thing, if you like more carrots, or if you don’t have potatoes like I didn’t last time, it is fine, ya' can’t wreck it. I put my meat in frozen once, still can’t wreck it.
Sprinkle over top:
- 2 Tbl dry tapioca
- 2 Tbl sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
Pour over top:
- 1 (soda can size) tomato juice. I like to add 1 can of undrained roasted tomatoes instead if I have it.
Done. Put in oven for 3 hours at 325.
While the oven is still hot and the stew is resting (too hot to eat anyway)…I make Bisquick drop biscuits. 2 cups of mix, 2/3 c milk, ½ c of cheddar cheese.
Death by stew and biscuits...in a good way. ...and a partridge in a pear tree!
Filed under: Recipes