This is an easy recipe for playdoh that I used when I taught Kindergarten. It really is no fail. AND it uses ingredients you have at home. Your kids will love it. Maybe while you make cookies, they can roll this out.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup salt (yes, cup)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages non-sweetened Kool-Aid (you decide the color/smell)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Microwave water until bubbling (approx 2 min) DANGEROUSLY HOT. Grown-ups only on this part.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients and add the water. (If you want to make two colors just divide the recipe and add 1 kool aid color to one and one to another. Or make multiple batches and store them seperately.)
- Stir with a wooden spoon first
- Knead until smooth (Careful-- it's hot! It may take a minute before you can stop stirring with a wooden spoon and use your hands) You may need to add extra flour for desired consistency, not likely though.
- Get out the cookie cutters!
- Keep in an airtight Tupperware or Zip Lock.
...And a partridge in a pear tree!
Filed under: Recipes