The Chicago Sky's Elena Delle Donne is a woman of depth, beauty and brains. Her team leads the WNBA Eastern Conference at 5-1. She turns heads everywhere she goes. And she's got some talent on a basketball court, averaging 20 points per game. But would she be a great candidate for a rose ceremony on 'The Bachelorette?'
Why would SHE, of all people, need a hand in picking out a boyfriend/romantic partner/dudewants15minutesoffame?
Turns out, Delle Donne doesn't need (and probably doesn't want) that kind of assistance in her life.
The WNBA released the following announcement early this morning:
MONDAY, JUNE 2 (7:00-9:01 p.m., CT), on the ABC Television Network.
A two-night Bachelorette special event concludes..... as Andi and the13 remaining men begin their global journey to find love with a trip to the scenic New England area....
"Eleven men think they are on top of their game until it is revealed that they first will face off against WNBA superstars in a no-holds-barred basketball game and then, in an even more hotly contested match between the guys, with the winning team spending more time with Andi.
They arrive at the Mohegan Sun Arena (home of Chicago Sky rival Connecticut Sun), until Andi explains that they will compete against some of the WNBA’s best – superstars Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Elena Delle Donne, Lindsey Harding and Nneka Ogwumike. But this is no slam dunk for Andi’s suitors, so Andi changes it up and has the bachelors divide into two teams to battle one another. However, only the winning team will attend an after party with Andi."
Who wins? I'm guessing here, but these women, serious about the game, probably wiped the floor with these guys.
I've attended a few men-vs.-women games before, and the women have always won....big!
The Chicago Sky played one a few years back against an All-Star Hollywood team, including the late, great Chicago actor Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile) and Frankie Muniz from Malcom in the Middle. The Chicago Bandits also played one against a the former Schaumburg Flyers at Alexian Field Stadium. They HIRED professional male softball players to boost their game. The Bachelorette hopefuls and basketball players will include
- Andrew, 30, a social media marketer from Culver City, CA
- Brian, 27, a basketball coach from Camp Hill, PA
- Chris, 32, a farmer from Arlington, IA
- Cody, 28, a personal trainer from Chicago
- Dylan, 26, an accountant from Boston, MA
- Eric, 31, an explorer from Citrus Heights, CA
- JJ, 31 a 'pantsapreneur' from San Francisco, CA (Editor's note: WHAT?)
- Josh M, 29, a former professional baseball player form Atlanta, GA
- Marcus, 25, a sports medicine manager from Dallas, TX
- Marquel, a sponsorship salesman from Las Vegas, NV
- Patrick, 29, an advertising executive from Newport Beach, CA
- Nick V., 33, a software sales executive from Chicago, IL
- Tasos, 30, a wedding event coordinator from Denver, CO
Let's all enjoy a moment for the women of the WNBA. Great publicity....big exposure. But still...Delle Donne, Harding, Cash...they all deserve a rose from host Chris Harrison for playing along!
Finally, a note of advice to Andi: Pick a guy from the Midwest. They're solid. And good forever!