Greetings and welcome to my very first post on ChicagoNow! For the first post, I decided to blog about something very near and dear to my heart -- cheap events. If it weren't for such events, I would have no social life at all.
I'm a very part-time work at home mama who loves to be out on the social scene. My husband works hard for our money so I like to limit my social life to free or nearly free events. Luckily, Chicago offers so much in the way of frugal entertainment.
With that being said, I give you FRUGAL FIVE WEEKLY -- my weekly picks for cheap and free Chicago. Enjoy!
November 2 - 8, 2012
- 11/1 - 11/11 (varies) Chicago Humanities Festival - cultural, artistic, and educational events ranging in price from free to $10. Visit website for schedule and ticketing.
- 11/2 (6:30p) Check Please premiere party hosted by Gloria the Hat - free admission and complimentary appetizers. RSVP required.
- 11/3 (6p) Free Art Machine party hosted by Chicago the Beautiful - free admission, free art, live music, BYOB.
- 11/4 (11:30a) Chicago Bears Game Day party hosted by Skinny Socials - enjoy complimentary admission, 2 drink tickets and appetizers. RSVP required.
- 11/8 (6:30p) Fall Into a New You event hosted by LeThrift and My Chicago Stylist - complimentary appetizers, drinks, fashion styling, makeup artistry, beauty & financial tips plus photos from the style booth! RSVP required.