Are you interested in making a deeper investment in the3six5 Chicago? Please consider being one of our editors!
What must the3six5 editors have? Overall, it's the same kind of commitment to the project that drives Len and Daniel (the project's co-founders) to post each and every day. More specifically:
Post participants' writing each and every day, without exception, for one calendar month at a time. (This includes weekends and holidays; rotation depends on the number of editors) If there ends up being a problem with the original author, the editor must find a backup.
- If posts don't abide by the3six5 Chicago guidelines, editors must work with authors to update the entry before it's published.
- Send out several reminders (including weekly and daily) to the3six5 Chicago participants.
- Help maintain the author list and email database.
- Help recruit new and notable writers to the project.
Now, just why would you want to become a the3six5 editor? There are two main reasons:
Visibility: First, you'll be part of one of the largest and most visible crowdsourced storytelling projects.
- Connections: Being a part of the3six5 Chicago team means you're part of an influential and high-profile local community of web professionals, creatives, designers and other smart folks across Chicago.
How are we going to select our editors? It's quite simple: please send an email to the3six5chicago[at]gmail[dot]com that contains a link to a blog post you wrote. The post should include the following information:
Why you should be selected as one of our editors
- A bit about your relevant experience (e.g. familiarity with the3six5 project, relevant blogging and/or editing experience)
- Who in your network you can -- or would want to -- include in the project. We're always on the lookout for interesting and well-known people to help boost the project's visibility.
- Which months (please select at least two to three) you would be available to edit.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, or if you're throwing
your name into the ring, please e-mail the3six5chicago[at]gmail[dot]com. Thank you!