This just in, a public service announcement from The Relationship Diva:
In a relationship? Stressed out about it? Apparently, it can take quite
the toll on your body, causing a lot of serious health issues. And,
if this may be you, then you may want to check out Dr. Oz tomorrow, who may shed
a little more light on the issue...
More after the jump*...
The Background: Based
on some of the stuff I've posted in the past and more of these random
research and findings that appear in the news, there's a clear indication
that the quality of your relationship and quality of health
are pretty related. And apparently, Evidence has shown that
couples in stressed relationships are more prone to:
- Compromised Immune Systems
- Higher Blood Pressure
- Faster Heart Rates
- Stomach Ulcers
- Gum Disease
- Increased Risk of Heart Disease, Cancer and Arthritis
All not so sexy sounding stuff, huh?
The Show: During this segment, Dr. Oz is joined by husband and wife team, Dr.
Edward Hallowell (Director, Hallowell Center of New York and Boston)
and Sue Hallowell (Couples Therapist) to talk about the
"mind-relationship" connection and provide the 10 questions that must
be answered to determine the state of stress in your relationship:
- When upset w/ your partner do you eat more?
- Since you've been in this relationship have you gained belly fat?
- Is your blood pressure worse than when you first entered into the relationship?
- Do you keep your inner most secrets from your partner?
- Do you constantly get colds and does it take a long time for little cuts or wounds to heal?
- Do you prefer to be with other people rather than be alone with your partner?
- Do you feel like you don't get enough praise or credit from your partner?
- Do you and your partner fight about money more than 3 times per week?
- Are you getting more headaches or stomach aches than usual?
- Do you feel dissatisfied with your sex life?
like the good doctor will be tackling these questions on his show. And
if it sounds like you, consider watching -- or DVR or TiVo if you have
it. (Check local stations for listings. But for Chicago, it's on WFLD, 4 pm)
* Note: Thanks to members of Dr. Oz's camp for giving me a heads up to this special show.