I recently had the opportunity to review Kaneisha Grayson's new book "Be Your own Boyfriend." I had the pleasure of following her blog for the past three years! Not only is she a great writer, but she also has a wealth of insight regarding relationships and happiness. According to her website, Kaneisha Grayson is an author, speaker, and coach for Millennials who want to build lives of love and achievement. Through her business Love & Achievement LLC, she teaches the art of self-love, principles for successful self-employment, and strategies for gaining admission to top MBA & MPP programs.
Her first book, Be Your Own Boyfriend: Decide to Be Happy, Unleash Your Sexy, and Change Your Life, is a self-love manifesta to help women embrace their self-worth, pursue their passions, and fall in love with their own lives. Kaneisha has an MBA from Harvard Business School, an MPA from Harvard Kennedy School, and a BA in Black Studies from Pomona College.
Though I am married, there are five things that I learned from the text that are applicable for those that are married or single. In fact, many of the points she made about happiness are applicable at almost any stage of your life:
1. Happiness is a choice. Whether you are single or married you cannot look to someone else to make you happy all the time.
2. It is much easier to find the right person when you know who you are and what you want.
3. This book is not about staying single forever. It is about finding happiness at whatever stage of life you are in.
4. Life is a journey. Don't be so hard on yourself if you don't get it right all the time.
5. Have fun! Whether it means taking a trip you've never taken or purchasing something nice for yourself, live your life to the fullest!
Filed under: Uncategorized