Yesterday, I called attention to an Israeli redhead photography project. Today, I would like to tell you the things that happened to me as a redhead in Israel:
1. I won the title of "Most Ginger" in my Birthright group.
2. A group of guys who saw me in a swimsuit said to me, "Why are you Americans so pale? Don't you have beaches in the U.S.?"
3. Another group of guys said to each other in Hebrew, "Make here go away. Where she stands, the sun stops shining."
4. A homeless man in Tel Aviv said to me, "Ooh, gingy! I like."
5. At least three people started to ask me questions in Russian. Or at least I think it was Russian.
I felt pREDjudiced against. Did anyone else have a similar experience in Israel or any other foreign country?
If you'd like to learn more about the creative insults people all over the world hurl at redheads, subscribe to The Ginger Philes below: