Happy Friday Ginger-Philes! Between a ginger spawn of a mom in blackface with blonde hair and even more celebrities dying their hair red as a publicity stunt (yawn), this has been a week chockful of news almost as disgusting as daywalkers:
1. Some Mexican redhead is in a boxing fight. I would know more about this since my boyfriend watches these fights but he stopped inviting me to watch them with him and his friends.
2. Trend alert that red hair is "in". Uh, they say this every season since it's about the only truly unique hair color without going off the "natural" hair color palette.
3. Miley Cyrus dyed her hair "red".
4. Christina Hendricks celebrated her 37th birthday.
5. Like Miley Cyrus, Brittany Snow dyed her hair ginger.
6. Somehow, this woman whose skin looks like "beef jerky" and hair is platinum blonde spawned a ginger child. Then she may or may not have taken her tanning in a salon. Considering the child is not oozing blisters, I'd bet 90 bucks the mother is innocent. I just hope she realizes no matter how old the kid gets, tanning will make her look like a disgusting daywalker. But platinum blondes never understand that tanning looks bad on redheads. Who else has been annoyed by the phrase only the olive-skinned use, "Everyone looks better with a tan."
7. Scarlett Johansson is talking about what its like to be a redhead. She was cast in this little Joss Whedon movie known as The Avengers. As if dumping a bottle on your head gives you the right and knowledge and sister/brotherhood to talk like one whose faced the tragedy of having red hair their entire life. As this article says, "It's like they left her head out in the rain to rust or something."
8. Some actress nobody knows gets attention for having REAL red hair. FOR ONCE!
9. The Bleacher Report listed the hottest redheads in sports. I'm pretty sure the writer is color-blind because most the women are brunettes.
10. Hairpin posted the best songs about redheads. Surprised they didn't included Bruce Springsteen's, "Man you ain't lived til you've had your tires rotated by a redheadhead woman."
11. January Jones is embarrassed by her baby because he's ginger.
12. The International Herald Tribune references Springsteen's "Red Headed Woman", emphasizing the power of red. Oh and Sylvia Plath. How depressing.
Tags: Black Widow, boxing, Brittany Snow, Bruce Springsteen, celebrity, Christina Hendricks, Dolly Parton, dye, ginger, Hollywood, January Jones, Joss Whedon, Mad Men, Mexican, Miley Cyrus, music, Poppy Montgomery, Saul Alvarez, Scarlett Johansson, sports, sunburn, Sylvia Plath, tanning mom, The Avengers, The Bleacher Report, trends, White Stripes, Willie Nelson