I reread my 2011's resolutions and measured my success level. Here's a recap:
1. Read Tom Robin's "Still Life with Woodpecker." This is still on my list.
2. Wear copious amounts of purple, green and blue. (See "Autumn is for Auburns".)
3. Count my freckles. My freckles are difficult to spot; I'm still working on this one.
4. Wear "Kiss Me I'm Irish" shirt on St. Patty's Day (despite not being Irish). I went on a date on St. Patrick's Day with someone who didn't remember it was St. Patrick's Day. Fail. I did wear green though.
5. Not get sunburnt. I did better than most years and actually got a bit tan. However, biking oceanside in the L.A. sun over Memorial Day weekend got the better of my translucent-ness.
6. Wear red mascara. (See "Finally, a mascara for redheads".)
7. Learn to cope without having a soul. I don't think this was an appropriate resolution to complete in a year so much as it is a lifelong struggle.
8. Date only gingers to ensure ginger procreation only. See No. 4. I went on said date with a ginger. He was cray (obvi) -- didn't smile the entire first date, brought up his ex-girlfriend on all 3 dates I went on with him, asked me about kids/past relationships entirely too soon. The day before, however, I had gone on a date with a Mexican who as it turns out, has spottings of ginger hairs in his beard stubble; now he's my BF. I'd say for that reason, this one is half-complete.
9. Break up all ginger + non-ginger couples. I actually can't think of any gingers I know dating non-gingers.
10. Prove to naysayers I am not a daywalker. (shudder) No one has brought this up.
Two out of ten ain't so bad; I bet it's better than most! Did you complete your 2011 resolutions? Have any suggestions for 2012 resolutions for The Ginger Philes?