So, a few things worth reporting this weekend:
- Brixie's is having a "parking lot sale" this Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. They are selling out fixtures, chairs, tap handles and signs to prepare for conversion into an Imperial Oak taproom. 9526 W. Ogden Ave., Brookfield, IL.
- Finch Beer Co. has opened at taproom at its brewery this week. The facility is at 1800 W. Walnut St., Chicago, in the "Chicago Brewing District" that also holds Goose Island, All Rise, Great Central and On Tour breweries.
- Brewbound.com has reported that distributor Breakthru Beverage is selling its Illinois beer and cider contracts to Heartland Beverage. Breakthru is the former Wirtz Beverage, whose local beer portfolio includes Haymarket Pub & Brewery, Spiteful Brewing, 18th Street and BuckleDown Brewing. Heartland is affiliated with Anheuser-Busch InBev, with Goose Island as its only Chicago-based holding.
- Hopewell Brewing is conducting a recall of some of its beers, which they say was contaminated by a secondary yeast strain. The yeast could cause continued refermentation in the can, leading to gushers and off-flavors. The brands and can dates affected are Lil Buddy (date 6/19 & 7/15), Going Places (date 6/30) and Ride or Die (date 7/27). Facebook
- Tangled Roots Brewing of Ottawa has posted that they are planning a new location in Glenview. Details coming later.
As of posting this article, I have all the events that mention beer tappings. Some more pop-ups and food trucks will keep coming in.