Goose Island Beer has finally issued the list of Bourbon County Stout variants for its upcoming Black Friday release in November.
Initial regulatory filings of label art that suggested there would be Neapolitan and Horchata variants, apparently to "throw beer nerds off the trail." The official announcement lists these variants:
- Bourbon County Brand Stout
- Reserve Bourbon County Brand Stout (aged in 12-year-old Elijah Craig Barrel Proof bourbon barrels)
- Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout (blended with dark chocolate and two types of cocoa nibs)
- Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine
- Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout
- Bourbon County Brand Bramble Rye Stout (aged in rye whiskey barrels, then with an addition of raspberry and blackberry juice and puree)
- Bourbon County Brand Coffee Barleywine (with Intelligentsia coffee beans from Guatemala)
- Bourbon County Brand Midnight Orange Stout (made with chocolate and orange zest)
The Bourbon County lineup was first reported August 9 by USA Today.