Ahoy, all. I've been unconscionably absent from this page for some weeks again. I have some things going that I haven't quite worked out yet, mainly having to do with getting that real job. But enough for now. I have some time-sensitive information to post here. Yes, it's some PR flack, but I'm sure there will be some interest since it involves winning a trip to Hawaii.
Kona Breweing Company is right now running a Summer Bucket List Sweepstakes. To enter, go to Kona's Facebook page, "Like" them, of course, and upload a picture of your summer activities. The photos should be centered around a weekly "Bucket List" item:
- June 24: Water (sports) - One with the water
- July 1: Music - Good vibrations
- July 8: Barefeet – Barefootin’ off the beaten path
- July 15: Relaxing – Stone cold chillin’
- July 22: Food - Local Grinds
- July 29: Happy Hour - Pau Hana
- August 5: Sunset - Summer sunset
- August 12: Hiking - Enjoying the wide open
- August 19: Biking - Pedal power
- August 26: Party - Party time
So if you check the page right now, you'll see many people just taking a snap of their own feet. I think this crowd can do better than that. You're allowed to enter up to 10 photos from the same email address.
At the end of the period, one grand prize winner will be picked for a true Bucket List item, a trip for two to Kona, the Big Island:
- 2 $1,000 travel vouchers/gift cards
- 6 nights lodging at the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel in Kona, HI
- Guided snorkeling trip for two
- Music concert in Kona, HI for twoona Inn, in Kona, HI
- Brewery tour and food for two at Kona Brewing Company.
- Sunset Cruise with Body Glove Tours in Kona, HI
- Guided Hiking Trip with Hawaii Forest & Trail
- Guided Bike tripwith Volcano Bike Tours
- Island Breeze Luau for two from the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel.
- And more (alcohol cannot be given as part of the prize. You'll have to buy it)
“I think it’s cool that our Kona Summer Bucket List helps Kona’s mainland fans document their summer fun, and one lucky winner gets to experience what we get to do everyday here in Kona,” said company president Mattson Davis. “We know our fans are active and this bucket list sweepstakes is a simple and engaging way for them to capture and share their active pursuits. If summer finds you in a boat or on a board, post that photo. If you’re sharing beers at happy hour, enjoying the summer sun setting, or simply relaxing in your rubber slippers, capture it, post it and you’re entered to win. I’m stoked to see what our fans are doing this summer!”
The Kona folks have also sent over some of their new Wailua Ale, made with tropical passion fruit. I've been meaning to get up some more video beer reviews, but first I've needed to clear some space on my hard drive for editing.