I'm dropping you this note about Baconfest as a courtesy, owing to the fact that beer and bacon have been perfect pairings in this town:
Baconfest Chicago is coming to the UIC Forum, Saturday, April 20. Tickets go on sale this Wednesday, Februrary 20.
Baconfest is a festival dedicated to America’s favorite cured meat: bacon! At Baconfest, Chicago’s best chefs concoct and serve brilliant bacon dishes to thousands of passionate bacon lovers. Liquor sponsors provide cocktails, beer and wine designed to complement a bacon meal. Bacontrepreneurs and bacon-friendly brands exhibit their wares and connect with our bacon community. A panel of judges bestows the Golden Rasher awards on chefs and guests for achievement in the bacon arts.
We donate a portion of the proceeds to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. we host a raffle and food drive at the event to support the GCFD’s mission; we’ve even run a Baconfest volunteer day at the Depository’s repacking warehouse to help eliminate hunger in our community. We’re proud that Baconfest supports this important work and we hope you’ll join us in supporting the GCFD too.
General Admission tickets will be $100.00 each (plus ticket handling fees of $3.49). VIP tickets are sold out. General Admission is in one of two sessions: A Lunch Shift (12:30 - 3:00 PM) and Dinner Shift (6:30 - 9:00 PM). Ticket sales start Wednesday, February 20, at noon, through Eventbrite.
- Access to the chef area and many tasting portions of the chefs’ bacon-ingenuity.
- Seven Drink Tickets, each one good for a hefty tasting portion of each liquor sponsor’s wares.
- Access to Baconfest’s exhibiting sponsors and experience partners who provide samples of ingenious bacon products (as available) and the opportunity to purchase those products bacon-related products.
- A re-usable Baconfest shopping bag to fill up with swag.
- A souvenir Baconfest Chicago’s Guide to Bacon program.
The chef area will feature around 64 stations for each shift, sampling bacon treats, first-come, first-served.