- The annual main beer event over the border from Chicago has been put on the calendar. Three Floyds' highly coveted Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout will go on sale at Dark Lord Day, Saturday April 28th at the brewery.
Dark Lord Day has grown in its time from a simple gathering and sale at the brewers' shipping dock to a full-on party uniting beer geeks from all over the world. Last year, 6,000 people descended on the industrial park around 9750 Indiana Parkway, Munster, IN where Floyds is located.
So far, this is the information available on the Dark Lord Day website:
If you are planning on attending, we have a few suggestions (and some firm rules).
- A ticket will be required for entry to Dark Lord Day. Please do not make travel plans until you have a ticket. Ticket sales will be announced soon.
- Once again, the Munster Police Department will enforce traffic flow and loitering (again, no RVs will be allowed in the industrial Park).
- Darklord Day is a 21 and over event.
- Pets will not be permitted.
- Coolers, furniture, tents, grills etc… will not be permitted. If you want to bring a couple beers to trade or sample, that’s great within reason.
- Parking is not provided by the brewery. Please carpool and designate a driver.
- Dark Lord day is cash only. ATMs will be available on site.
- Please respect our town and neighbors. We want to continue to hold a safe and fun event in the years to come and we can only do it with your help.
If last year's practice is followed, a ticketing site will be announced in mid-March, with full details on which site and codes to use the morning the tickets go on sale. Last year's ticket lottery included "Golden Tickets" which allowed the ticket holder to buy special editions of Dark Lord at $50 and up per 22 oz. bottle, as opposed to the $15 charged last year for regular Dark Lord.
I am but one of many sources in this city who will try to keep you tipped!